5. LOCAL ECONOMIC GROWTH & EMPLOYMENT DEVELOPMENT
- EXPAND THE COMPTON APPRENTICE (JOB TRAINING) PROGRAM with Compton College, Compton Unified School District, and local corporations and small business.
- IMPLEMENT COMMUNITY BENEFITS AGREEMENT AND FIRST SOURCE HIRING ORDINANCE that make certain that COMPTON RESIDENTS are trained and have access to local construction, improvement and maintenance projects and programs.
- CREATE A CITY NON-PROFIT “Compton Community Development Corporation” to access a wider variety of financial grants, tax credits, and resources.
- Create a SMALL BUSINESS INCUBATOR PROGRAM
- Provide FREE EXPUNGEMENT Services
- MICRO-LOAN AND FACADE IMPROVEMENT PROGRAMS