2. IMPROVE TRANSPARENCY
- Re-establish Citizen Oversight Committees to bring power back to the People. Absolute power breeds corruption.
- Quarterly civic trainings on relevant City issues and matters. Citizens should be involved in the issues and governance of our city.
- Update Cable Access Station. Create a new intern program working with Compton College to have access to better quality broadcasts.
- City information electronic marquee to provide regular information on city meetings, events, emergency information, etc.
- Coordinate with Compton Tribune. Residents need access to critical information on a regular basis.
- City newsletter
- Quarterly Mayoral Roundtables with citizens. Provide residents an opportunity to meet with their mayor on specific issues and provide a “State of the City” update.